I have an advanced composition student who is actively looking into scoring video games. I am looking for a small game for him to score under my guidance. The score will be 100% FREE, no catch (really). He's young, but a capable budding composer; he recently won a competitive state-wide composition competition out here in California.
Here's what we're offering:
- Up to 8 minutes of custom music, for free.
- Your choice of genre and instrumentation.
- A commercial license; you can use the music in a paid game (my student retains the rights).
Here's what you need to know:
- This is his first game score (he has done a short film).
- I will be advising him and giving him feedback, but this will be his music; I will not step in and score the game for him.
- I will have limited contact with you; I'd like him to have the experience of interacting with developers. You can CC me in all correspondence and I will read them and provide feedback only if necessary.
- He has the necessary software, but do not expect top-notch AAA audio quality. Something like this or this is a reasonable expectation of quality.
- You MUST credit him; you're welcome to acknowledge me in credits but it's not necessary (he is the composer, not me).
- Some blood, violence, and mild language is ok; but we need to keep this at ~ PG-13/Teen level.
My ideal match up would be a younger developer who has some experience, but not much. If you're someone who hasn't worked with a composer before, I'm happy to provide you with some guidance as well.
Feel free to PM me, or reply directly to this post. If there are multiple people interested, I'll let him look over and choose what he is interested in. He may be interested in doing a couple!
Thanks for reading! :)