Soul of a Drone Soul of a Drone

It's Ambient alright!

This is one of the most ambient tracks I've heard on here. When writing this kind of stuff, I always ask myself "What will this be used for?" If I can't come up with a good answer, I think the track isn't defined enough. This is the take with this track in my eyes- it has a great foundation but still feels just a bit too barren.

I'd look at other experimental effects in your library and see if they could compliment this in some way. I think if you define the character of this piece it'll have more applications.

Nice work, keep it up!

If you have a moment I'd love your opinion of my latest track, ST Conflict!

TwilightShade responds:

To answer the question you stated, I think this track serves just its own purpose; it's for listening to. I can understand how you'd aim to have your tracks used in other forms of media such as movies and games, and why that would raise the issue that this song is too simple to really be used in much of anything.

However, after titling the song (which I always do last), I thought the simplicity and barren feel shaped the subject of the song pretty well. The soul of a mindless robot performing monotonous tasks and occasionally going haywire is kinda empty IMO.

Thanks for the input; I might consider adding something in the future but I also enjoy the song as is.

mctoast - are you ready? mctoast - are you ready?

Some nice ideas

There are some nice ideas in here, but the piece sounds unfinished right now. I'd consider adding in some new ideas because the ones you present get stale pretty quickly. A melody would really help tie the piece together.

Also, the voices are a little distracting, consider whether or not they're necessary for the piece. You're off to a good start, with a little polish you could have this into a very nice dance piece!

Ill 5 it because the more exposure you get the better feedback you'll receive!
5/5

If you have a minute I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest piece ST Suspense!

mctoast responds:

ok, thx for review :D and yes, i goign to look ur now ^^

Dragostea din Tei Metalic V3 Dragostea din Tei Metalic V3

A Good start!

You've got a lot of good material here, so kudos. Some of your instruments are clipping. For instance, when you have a lot repeated cymbal hits there is some distorting going on. I'd bring back the cymbals just a bit, and keep an ear open to unwanted distortion. Here's a tip: Try using cymbals to finish up drum fills. It will make the piece flow much better.

I think your main issue is with sound levels of the instruments. Try going in with a critical ear and readjust the volumes. The Kick drum should be a bit deeper and not quite as wide (it's causing some of the distorting). Also, try toying with the idea of adding in a bridge for some variation!

All in all, nice work. Keep working at it!

5/5

If you have aminute I'd love your opinion of my latest piece ST Suspense!

Treviabot92-Virstein responds:

For the record, that wasn't a start, hence the V3, but I'm glad you think it's good (and that you're one of the only people NOT zerobombing me XD!). And I figured that the drums were causing some distorting, but none of the distortion was unwanted. All of it was intentional, including that caused by the drums.

Yeah, seriously, I'm surprised Konami didn't hire you for the Metal Gear Solid soundtracks.

{MSX} Corneria {MSX} Corneria

Nicely done!

Great job with the whole piece, I really like the instrument choice. I think you could stand to have a little more in the low end. A bass arp would go really nicely with the rest of the mix. Try it out and see how you like it!

This is a great arrangement. I'm not really familiar with the piece, but from what I remember of the StarFox music, this recreates it very well. Keep it up!

5/5

If you have a moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest track ST Suspense!

MSXOmega responds:

Thanks! Yeah, I think I am lacking some bass. I'll see if I can add some then re-upload. :)

Hard Rock Bach BWV 1080 1 & 2 Hard Rock Bach BWV 1080 1 & 2

Great idea!

This is a wonderful chorale, I love what you've done with it! The synthy sound in the background is pretty hard to make out, I'd recommend removing some of the distortion and bring it up a little closer to the front of the mix. These Chorales are meant for all 4 voices to be heard. You could experiment with panning different parts.

All in all great job, and a good way to study some good ol' fashioned Bach!

5/5

If you have a minute I'd love your input on my latest piece, ST Suspense!

Sandman1278 responds:

Actually this is a fugue not a choral, but I am sure I will do some of those eventually,

I will play around with the syth, and probably with some panning, they are already panned but I guess to slightly.

AmbientHipHop [Kaskrin] AmbientHipHop [Kaskrin]

Solid beat!

Very solid beat. Your description was spot on, well done! The strings could stand to have a little more reverb on them. As it is now they stick out a little too much, with the added reverb they would sit in the mix much better.

I loved the sound effects scattered throughout. Also, I loved the electroic piano riffs. Great work!

5/5

If you get a chance I'd love your thoughts on my newest piece ST Suspense!

Kaskrin responds:

Thanks, I'll be sure to listen to it.

+BsK+ A change in Me [Midi] +BsK+ A change in Me [Midi]

Pretty melody

I loved the melody you introduced at the 0:18 mark. If you played that on a real piano it'd sound great! If you're interested in getting more involed in composition, you may want to think about purchasing a set of higher-quality sounds (let me know if you need any suggestions).

Also, try quantizing the notes, they aren't quite as rhythmically accurate as they could be. I read that this is just a MIDI version, so you are probably already aware of this. Just something to keep an eye out for.

Nice work, this piece has some potential!

I'll definately give you my 5 as I believe with exposure you could get a lot of helpful feedback!

David

P.S If you have the time I'd love your ideas on my latest piece, ST Suspense!

kaptainkewl responds:

Hahaha, You don't remember me! I'm a moderator at Krinlabs. Honestly, Check out my other music, I've sent you a couple PM's about grabbing higher sounding quality. I don't work in mid, as I play my music live. My Sound equipment is away for the time. If you listen to my other music you'll hear the mediocre stuff got, It's not cubase 4 with a shitload of vsti's or anything, but I don't mind it nonetheless

Thanks for the Review

~~~Brad Kubota

[CE]- Lunaar Corp (8BIT) [CE]- Lunaar Corp (8BIT)

Haha very cool!

Nice work, very retro sounding! There are a few spots that don't sound quite authentic to me. The latter parts start sound like candy trance/pop that was ported to the Nintedo system. I'm not sure if that's what you were after, but you may want to simplify parts of it to give it a more genuine feel (I'd look at 0:30 onward).

All in all great work, very fun idea!

5/5

If you have the time, I'd love your input on my latest track, ST Suspense!

Funk it down! Funk it down!

Nice work!

Loved the opening! Nice funky bass and very the beat is very easy to follow. Nice work! It sounds like some parts aren't lined up quite right, I'd recommend you try and make sure everything is quantized properly, and the piece will sound a lot tighter.

Great work all in all, keep it up!

5/5

If you have a moment I'd appreciate your ideas on my newest piece ST Suspense!

grimdarkai99 responds:

Thanks David. I favourited you as one of my favourite artists ages ago - I love your music I'm a huge fan. You basically inspired me to start doing music. So yeah, I love to give you ideas on your peice! See ya!!

Inseparably [C89] Inseparably [C89]

Levels could use some adjustment, but good start!

This has a lot of potential. The ideas are all solid and your mixtures of various parts work very well together. The levels need some tweaking, however. The arp synth in the background sounds too harsh to my ears- I'd try bringing that back a bit and adding a touch of reverb to it. The drums could use a little variation as well, it get's a little old after the 4:00 mark or so.

An interesting piece of music, keep up the good work!

5/5

If you have a minute, It'd be great to hear your thoughts on my latest piece, ST Suspense!

Caine1989 responds:

Thanks! I will work on this!