"JP - Serious Matters "JP - Serious Matters

Long time no see!

Hey Deflektor, it's been a while! You've made some nice improvements since last time I've listening, nice work! Blackattackbitch is right about the tremolo strings. I do understand the effect you're going for, but I think it detracts from the realism of the piece. Try switching it with a legato patch, and you'll get a more authentic sound. The second set of strings could remain tremolo to my ears, however!

Keep up the good work, it's great to see you're still live and well here at Newgrounds!

Deflektor responds:

Hey, friend, it's always a pleasure to see you !

Thanks for the support, it's greatly appreciated. It's nice to know i have made progress.

This piece, however was done like a year ago before i submitted it. You should rather listen to my Emerald City. It's more recent, and in my opinion, one of my best.

FFL - Springtime Bliss FFL - Springtime Bliss

A nice start-

I think the overall feel of the song is a bit too sparse for the melody you introduced at the beginning. I'd try introducing some new ideas and let the piece sizzle a little before you end it. At 0:52 you could introduce a lot of different things, such as a synth pad in the background, or more complex drums. Right now I think it ends too little too soon.

You're off to a good start, I'd take this idea and run with it!

5/5 for exposure

If you've got a minute I'd love your ideas on my latest piece ST Conflict!

FurFurLife responds:

Thanks for the eight.

I might just upload an updated version, who knows....

Snapdragon Snapdragon

Great work!

It's been a while since I've had a listen to your music and boy was that a mistake! The piece is really well mixed. Everything has it's own space and is very audible. Awesome work!

When the melody comes in at 1:21 I think it'd make sense to pull the arps in the same register as the melody back slightly- they don't clash to my ears, but it is hard to hear the melody. Great break at 2:42! The guitar riff could stand to have a more gradual fade out- it sounded pretty abrupt and caught me off guard.

That's all I can think of for suggetions. Keep up the Awesome work NT!

NemesisTheory responds:

Thanks for those kind words, David! :)

When I listen to it now I actually agree, it's something I'll take note of in the future-- and for the guitar, you're right. I suppose I could've done that a lot better XD. I threw that in there as sort of an homage to the original :) I guess I was too fast when I did that!

Thanks for the suggestions- I'll definitely keep them in mind for whatever I do next :)
<3 for the score, too! :D

Battle Me Gulch Bastard - WIP Battle Me Gulch Bastard - WIP

Very Cool!

I loved the instrument combinations. The trumpets at the beginning added a really nice touch!

The french horns at 0:39 don't quite sync up with the rest of the track- I'd go back and look to see if they're quantized properly. I love the build up after the solos, very well done! The ending is a bit over done I think, about 1/3 of the piece is just the tag at the end. I'd try lengthening out the piece or shortening the tag to make the proportions feel a bit more normal.

All in all great work, keep it up!

If you have a minute, I'd love your thoughts on my latest piece ST Conflict!

J2A [Demo] J2A [Demo]

Nice work!

There are a lot of good things here. The track progressed well, and it had a steady beat to it. Good job with that!

Some of the levels of the instruments weren't especially well balanced- the bass was very hard to hear. I think you may be mixing on some unbalanced speakers, so try getting another set of speakers or a set of headphones to provide an alternate listening angle. One last point I had was there doesn't seem to be quite enough variation- I think you could benefit from adding in some more variety throughout the keep the listener's attention.

All in all a very good start, keep up the good work!

5/5

If you have a minute I'd love your thoughts on my latest track ST Conflict!

Zenan responds:

Thanks for the review, I'm trying to take in all of the advice given and it's sounding a lot better already! I will listen to your track and review, cheers!

DJ Boss - Freudian Slip DJ Boss - Freudian Slip

Nice work!

Lots of fun ideas here, and there was enough variety to keep my interest for the majority of the piece. Good job!

I'd try to give the mix a bit more depth. It felt pretty flat, and dull sometimes. I think the drums are the culprits. They feel a little too bland for a piece like this, I'd consider beefing up the kick and snare a little to give them more body. I'd experiment with that, you may find something you like!

5/5

If you have a minute I'd love your thoughts on my piece ST Conflict!

bossler13 responds:

Thanks man!
I think I'll go work that out now, as a matter of fact. Gald I could hold your interest!

and yes, I'll go look at your piece! maybe I can get some inspiration from it. I'm stuck on a project at the moment, haha

[CE]- Spacial Awareness [CE]- Spacial Awareness

Very Creative!

Great job, and a fun idea. Reminds me of the Virtual Barbershop (if you haven't heard it google it, it's pretty cool!) I loved the introduction, I think it's the coolest part of the whole track.

I think it'd be fun to expand the idea to an entire orchestra. The piano was exaggerated quite a bit (I play the piano a lot and it doesn't quite sound like that), but and orchestra really is that spacial when you're sitting in the middle of it.

Great idea, I'd run with it and see what you come up with!

SR - Binary Flowers SR - Binary Flowers

Nice work!

For some reason, I can picture this in 2001: A Space Odyssey. It certainly is ambient, but it progresses and the music has a definite shape to it. It's really well done, great work!

Ambient isn't my expertise so I'm afraid I can't offer up too many suggestions, other than keep doing your thing!

-Windows XP RemiX- -Windows XP RemiX-

Woah, neat!

I love windows sound mixes, I think they're really funny. The only think I can think of adding is some sort of beat. You could make one pretty easily by simple modifications to many of the already existing sounds (you could even show the listener in the piece how you arrived to the beat in the piece). That'd really keep the piece interesting, as after the 1:00 mark my interest starts to wander.

Keep up the great work, hope to see more neat pieces in the future!

If you have a minute I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest piece ST Conflict!

Kingdaro responds:

I kinda thought a beat was needed, but I had no good drums that'd fit the song :/ ah well. Thanks for the review!

Solus + SBB- Switchback Solus + SBB- Switchback

Great work!

This is a very polished sounding track. I love the give and take throughout the piece, the building and deconstructing keep me attentive the whole way through. Great job!

The one thing I'd recommend is adding a real significant climax point. There seems to be one that works in and out from 3:00-4:20 or so, but I think making one of those moments (probably the last one) sound significantly more intense (thicker sound, busier drumming, a countermelody, etc.) would put this track on the top!

Keep it up, hope to see more collabs in the future!

SolusLunes responds:

I suppose such an idea would help with a more defined climax...

Not quite sure how to work it in though.