The Love of Marion The Love of Marion

Very well mixed!

The mix is so clear, I'm very impressed! As usual, Hania provides a beautiful performance. I loved the modulation at 0:24! It made me do an aural double-take (I replayed that section :D). The rest of the track was pleasantly predictable. It definitely works, but I think another prompt modulation would've built intensity further. Food for thought!

Great work both of you, I hope this isn't the last collab!

Bosa responds:

Thanks! I have to admit, the song is rather plain throughout its entirety - I guess I'm to blame when I rush music production :(

I assure you, this is not the last collab with Bosa and Hania.

A Twisted Hello A Twisted Hello

Welcome back

Nice work TT! I remember listening to your music a while back, it's good to hear some new things. I love the combination of instruments you have going, they all compliment each other very well, especially that deep bass line.

I think you could make the lead synth have a bit more body. Listening through my headphones, at times it feels a little tinny without much thickness. Just an idea, but I think it'd give the whole track a little more body.

Great work, nice to see you here again!

Twistedtechnology responds:

thanks! glad to be back! The lead instrument had a natural fliter panning going on so thats why it seems tiny at some points. couldn't figure where it was coming from so i left it alone lol. It probably oculd use a bit more body, but with this computer, running too many things at once gets it goin glitchy.

as i progress (again) more and more thickness shall be injected into the songs XD
~twistedtechnology!

thanks for the review and the vote!!

NH22 - Corrosion NH22 - Corrosion

Nice job!

Very cool piece you have here, I love it when it went in double time at the beginning. I think it could've been even more effective if you had the piano part repeat, to help give the music more coherency.

Perhaps you could try adjusting the progression somewhere in the piece- it seems to repeat the same i VI vii for the whole piece. Maybe add a section in the middle where it changes? I think that'd keep the listener engaged.

Great work!

5/5

If you have a moment, I'd love your thoughts on my latest piece, -Orr- Colony!

HoT-16-The Temple of Time HoT-16-The Temple of Time

Bravo!

Dripping with emotion. Very nicely done throughout, I'll try to give you some constructive ideas as food for thought!

The opening bells seemed a bit dry to me, I love adding reverb to bells because it compliments their natural sound qualities. The break at 3:15 is very nice, as is 3:34. I love the flute entrance at 4:04. I think you could bring down the volume even more here- it'll help make the proceeding buildup feel much more powerful. Overall, the music feels a bit flat- perhaps you could bring out some of the upper-end to give more sparkle.

All in all wonderful work, I can't wait to hear more from you!

Setu-Firestorm responds:

Every new project I take on is a new opportunity to try out new mixing techniques (I never received any official training for it, and everything I do know is all from trial-and-error).

I really need to read up on that.

Thanks for the feedback, and the advice.

[Buyj3llo] - 8(s) [Buyj3llo] - 8(s)

Some great ideas here

You have some really nice ideas here. I love the ambient effects you have scattered throughout!

Around the 3:00 my interest was lost. I think you could try expermenting with adding new instruments or a new melody to keep things interesting. The recap at 3:12 was nice, but maybe you could add some more to it.

Great work, keep it up!

5/5

If you have a moment I'd love your opinion of my latest track, -Orr- Colony!

buyj3llo responds:

more/ better melody. I really need to work on that.

Thanks for the review. I'll check out your track, I'm sure it'll sound great.

King of The Mountains King of The Mountains

Great imagination

You have a great imagination, and this is very apparent through your music. I can see what you have pictured in my mind. Great work!

You have a few spots where there is some distortion- mainly in the brass. 0:43 onwards has some spots. Try lowering the levels of the brass a bit to avoid that. Your bass drums are also distorting slightly.

Perhaps you could try adding in a little reverb for some added body. All in all very nice, keep up the good work!

5/5

If you have a moment, I'd love you to have a listen to my latest piece, -Orr- Colony!

masheenH3ad responds:

I want to Thank you for taking some of your time to review my work. I am very grateful. : )

I think I over do the volume of my brass and my bass drums. and yes I didn't realize that it needed some room, so I will consider adding some verb too.

Thanks again for your great review. I learned a lot.

Donkey Kong Country Medley Donkey Kong Country Medley

Brings back memories!

I loved how you put together the medley, things flowed quite nicely. I remember playing the Donkey Kong games when I was younger and this certainly brings back memories!

The piano sounds very, VERY synthetic- perhaps you could try to give it a little more warmth and take off the ping with some eq adjusting. Also, the velocity levels seem to be all the same on your repeated notes, giving you the dreaded 'machine gun' effect.

This could really shine with some additional instruments- the piano is very nice but there are many places where I could see some strings and bells (for instance in the underwater theme).

All in all awesome work Nigel!
5/5

If you have a moment I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest piece, -Orr- Colony!

Kreepman responds:

I suck at EQ adjusting :P
But I'll try.

What I do when I record is record with the velocity sensitivity turned off so it's all the same velocity as I absolutely hate when I have keys that are quieter than others when I'm recording (it bothers me for some reason XD).
I usually then go into my program and adjust it if needed but sometimes I don't.

But yeah, I'll give it some variation and EQ adjusting!
Thanks for your review! <3

Also, you're the first person on Newgrounds (that's not my cousin...unless you're related to me :P) whose called me Nigel :D

And yes, I'll hear your latest piece <3

{Heim} Obliteration {Heim} Obliteration

Awesome work!

Nice work Jeff! Did you use Cubase for this or were you still using Finale? It sounds great with whatever you used, much less synthetic sounding than I've heard before. This is a definite crowd pleaser, if only to stupid zero bombers would leave it a lone for a couple days maybe this will get the exposure it deserves. Keep it up!

JeffHeim responds:

I was actually still using Finale for this one- difference is I made about 8 wav file recordings of smaller groups of instruments in finale, and spent a lot of time balancing and mastering them in Cubase. I also tried a variety of new percussive sounds and worked with the electric bass until it sounded right. Yeah I know...damn zero-bombers lol. Don't they have better things to do than spending all their time listening to the first 2 seconds of every top 50 piece while complaining that their ears are bleeding? Thanks for the kind review!

{BT} Prelude in C minor {BT} Prelude in C minor

Beautiful!

Great work Ben, this is dripping with emotion. I love how the melody is mostly stepwise motion. It makes the few moments where it jumps does jump very powerful.

Great work, well played!

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

Thank you David!

{Heim} White Hall {Heim} White Hall

Love it!

Great work as usual Jeff! I love the drums, they give the piece a lot of driving energy that makes this very well suited for an action scene or stage music for a level in a platformer (something like Megaman comes to mind!)

Bravo!

JeffHeim responds:

Hey Dave, Thank you! I've become a sucker for the electric guitar/drumset combo since I figured out how to make them sound half-decent. Hopefully Megaman-type games increase in popularity so I can get this stuff used. Thanks for the review!