-SOES-Sharlak's misery -SOES-Sharlak's misery

Nice

First off (as usual), your music could benefit so much with new samples!

With that off of my chest, I enjoyed this piece as much as your other installments to the SOES series. Your cymbal work is getting better, which I was happy to hear. You have your own unique sound that I really like. Keeping that in mind, try to experiment a little more with other instruments.

Deflektor responds:

Ok, i'll try. Thanks for the advice^_^!

{Away From Reality} {Away From Reality}

Nice job

I enjoyed the melody and the overall feel to the piece. Also, the piece was written well.

I would advise you to run the piece through a compressor, and also try to minimize audio clipping. The bassdrum really had some maximizing issues.

At the beginning, the strings would have been better had they fade in gradually. As it is, it's more of a punch in the face than a happy intro.

That said, this piece has some great potential. Try varying up the drums a bit, work on balancing parts, run it through a compressor, and this will be a really neat piece!

Keep up the great work!

(I'll give it a 5/5 for the sake of exposure)

cornandbeans responds:

Thanks, I really appriciate the review. I see your point with the strings, I start out with an idea in mind and change it over the time I work on the song. It's still on 4 right now, but thank you so much for voting a 5... I need all the exposure I can get. And thanks for all the other helpful comments, I'm always looking for ways to improve. I'll check out some more of your work today.

peace,
~cornandbeans

_-/| A Shimmering Lake _-/| A Shimmering Lake

Nice job

Another nice piece by you! You really sound like MaestroSorrow. Judging by his success on Newgrounds, that certainly isn't a bad thing!

You have quite an imagination! What you need to work on is your melodies. You have a lot of counterpoint (I hear four different parts at once I believe), which is great, but the thing is they started to clash. You need to pay close attention how you form melodies so they don't clash.

I would strongly recommend you study the species of counterpoint. I gave Maestro the exact same advice :). You have a great imagination, you just need to perfect how you use it!

You're certainly on your way, keep up the great work!

MaestroSegments responds:

Thank you David, you're words are always sincere and helpful.

You seem to have caught onto my weakness incredibly well. You see, I love to layer melodies, countermelodies is the reason I now live, forget sex, forget everything else, if it's not counter melody layerable, it's not worth my time >:(!

But jokes aside, i've been seriously debating if I should get some form of official trainer. It worries me still that i'd become some kind of drone, but I fear i've hit the end of this road, I don't think I can improve much more like this.

It's time to take it up a few steps eh?

Thanks for the review David, always a pleasure.

*+*_collision_*+* *+*_collision_*+*

Nice job

You have a strong sense of rhythm, which is always a good thing. You were dealing with a lot of syncapation and never lost your time. Kudos there!

The track was a bit soft in terms of volume, but everything was clear and easy to comprehend. I enjoyed your playing, you certainly aren't a beginner!

Great job, keep up the good work!

DarKsidE555 responds:

WoWzerz, glad you liked it that much man. Kudos for the Kudos! ;)

The track really came out great but I have to thank speedy for his cool backing track that he made. The drums really kick ass!

Thanks for the review and vote man!

Strawberry Jam (Orgasm Ending) Strawberry Jam (Orgasm Ending)

What the hell?

Why does this have a score of 1.67? It looks like you were hit by two zero voters, which sucks.

I really liked the piece. I think there may have been a bit too distortion in place (do the drums have distortion?), but overall a very solid track.

The chord progression was pretty original, which is always a nice thing to see. Looking through all your other tracks, it looks like you can write music in a variety of styles, which is very commendable.

Keep up the good work!

5/5

I'd love to get your opinion on my audio, but only if you have the time!

Keth-Andril responds:

Thanks!
I was trying to get the hang of the Slayer plugin on FL6 when I did this so everything sounds really distorted.
This isn't the actual version of the song though, I have a full version with solos and stuff
I'll check out your stuff sometime
Thanks for the input

Great Percussion Loop Great Percussion Loop

Well...

I'm not sure I would call this loop GREAT, but you have a lot of great ideas implimented throughout. At the beginning your beat emphasis kept changing, which was probably the biggest drawback of the entire piece.

I'd also recommend reducing the use of the kick drum at the beginning. In general, the kick drum is used to emphasis a beat, which is very difficult to do when it's playing eight notes. The work should be in the mid-upper frequency drums, the kick drum should be used only to accent particular parts, or help build up to a climax.

With a little work, this could be very nice!

I'll give it a 5 for the sake of exposure. I'd love to get your opinion on my audio, but only if you have the time!

KittenInAStocking responds:

Thank you! I will definitly review your music!

The Cemetery Of Spirits The Cemetery Of Spirits

Nice job

I enjoyed the compositional quality of the piece. It was pretty interesting, although you could stand to use a little more structure. I would suggest trying to take a specific theme or melody and develop it throughout the piece.

You captured a very serene feeling with this piece, which displays your control over the instruments you used. I wasn't a fan of the drum, it felt very...blah (I can't really think of a better word choice). Something with a little more body would work much better. An do give it an even more serene feeling, I'd cut the use of the bass drum in half (gives it a lumbering feeling).

keep up the good work!

medieval7 responds:

Thx mate, i appreciate your review

Supa Tunez Supa Tunez

Neat

Very interesting piece. It sounds very unique in the fact that you use some unusual synths. I enjoyed not knowing what sound I may hear next. Certainly kept my interest!

I think you could stand to add some more drums, they seem awfully soft to me. Something to think about in the future.

I'm really surprised no one has downloaded this yet! I saw your comment over in the audio forum and decided I'd come and pay my respects, but I was pleasantly surprised with the piece.

Father-of-Death responds:

thnx man! =)

you doin great with your music too!!! =)

Robotonic Robotonic

I loved it

Wow, you really got those beats sizzling! This was a really cool piece of music, you manage to do so much with so little, which is really an accomplishment in itself. It kept my interest the entire time, making me anxious to hear what you were going to do next.

You're really getting good at what you do, are you planning on persuing music as a career at all?

Keep up the fantastic work!

dj-padman1 responds:

Thanks man, I don't think it deserves straight ten's, but thanks!

Well, making music my life is really what I want, but it may not be possible. I'll have to crank it up a couple more gears I guess. Yeah, producing hard NRG, progressive house and mind blowing breaks and d'n'b touring the world would be my dream...! :P

You're probably one of the people here who could make it a practical career. Good luck with it if thats what you intend.

Conflict of Self Interest Conflict of Self Interest

Wow!

Welcome to Newgrounds! Judging by the quality of your work, you're certainly a great addition.

The piano sample was good, the strings could use a little work (sound a little synthetic), but still better than a lot of stuff here.

The piece created a great mood, you clearly have control over your music, which is good. How long have you been composing?

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to hear more from you!

5/5

I'd love to get your opinion on my latest piece, Stormy Seas, but only if you have the time!