Hatred-Noumenon Hatred-Noumenon

Great Job

It's been a while since I took a look at your stuff. You keep on churning out great sound tracks. Everything is really well written, and the recordings are quite clear. I think the bass could have been brought up slightly, but that isn't a big issue. Very crazy solo!

All of your stuff sounds pretty nice, has you band gotten signed yet?

Keep up the great work!!

-SOES-Epic Duels-Saphirre -SOES-Epic Duels-Saphirre

Midi?

The sound quality in this sounds like you used midi sounds, which is a little strange (probably the strings). Anyway, I really loved the strings at the beginning how they kept building up, it created a feeling of tension.

Why not try using some different instrument(s) instead of a solo violin for the main melody? I could see some really expressive strings playing the molody, which would give it more body. Also, try to throw in some low brass to give it a more driving sound (if that is what you are looking for).

Another well written piece and great addition to your SOES series!

Deflektor responds:

Yet, i tried many of the Orkester strings samples (if not all), but yet, you say it sounds MIDI-ish? Mmmmh, must be me who doesn't choose well enough the samples. Have to correct that. Thanks for the advices, my good man! Always appreciated!

-SOES-Saphirre's doubt -SOES-Saphirre's doubt

Nice Job!

Nice use of cymbals in this piece, you put them in most every place I would have suggested you do, so kudos there!

The violin solo has a very very harsh attack, I would suggest lowering the velocity level of the violin, or the attack, to make it not so piecring. It will also give it more realism.

I can really hear improvement in your work, keep it up!

Cool!

~|Somnio Infinitus|~ ~|Somnio Infinitus|~

Good Job

I can certainly see this being used for a title screen in a game called Dreams. The piece is very dreamy, and you capture that feeling very well.

I would suggest introducing some violins with vibrato (in EWQLSO Gold, butter legato would work well) towards the end to signify some sort of climax.

I understand the use of cymbals to create a more surreal, dreamy sound, but the volume is way too loud in them. I would say cutting them down by 1/2 would still be loud enough.

It's great to see original stuff from you, I'd enjoy seeing more, especially with these two newly acquired libraries!

I'll 5 it in hopes someone sees it and leaves their suggestions.

Klace responds:

Hey David!
Thanks for the Review!
You'll be seeing lots more Originals from me in the Future, Since I'm working on this games soundtrack, allthough it's going to be on sale once it's done, so I can't really post lots of songs or completely finished version, Only a few songs to hopefully get some sales upon completion.
I'll take any advice you give me to make my songs better, and hopefully you'll be seeing another one soon!

{Mara's Realm} {Mara's Realm}

Wow!

Wow, this is great! I loved the instrument combination! The entire feel was great, and the drums really augmented the entire track. I have a sweet tooth for strings, and I certainly got a nice helping of them in this piece!

I would suggest integrating some electronic sounds in this. An arpeggiator in the background could give this piece more body. The reverb seems to be turned up too high, which gave the track a relatively thin sound. I'd get a stereo imager and try and spread the treble out more (but keep the bass less panned and more in the center for a solid foundation).

Keep up the great work, I'm really impressed!

cornandbeans responds:

Thanks for the feedback! I was aiming for a castlevania/final fantasy feel here. I included an arpeggio in the main verse, it's kinda soft and in the background, so you might not pick up on it.

ah... I searched around for a stereo imager... do you have any good ones to suggest? Thanks for the review, man. It's always appriciated. :)

~cornandbeans

-SOES-Ghelo's unleashed -SOES-Ghelo's unleashed

Very well done!

I really liked the glitchy beat! What I really liked, however, was how you integrated orchestral sounds with electronic sounds. I generally put strings in my electronic pieces, and it's great to see other people do the same.

The beat could have stood to get a little heavier during the drum break, but besides that this is a very nice piece of music!

Deflektor responds:

I knew you'll like it^_^! And i think i'll be going to try many more experiments with that mix (always for the -SOES- series). But, before that, i'll finish the Epic Duels part (with the other songs coming along).

Vortex+*~.0 Vortex+*~.0

Nice guitar

I thought the guitar sounded pretty good for samples. What did you use for that? The drums did sounded a bit fake, I'm thinking they had a little too much high-end.

It was really driving though, which I thought was a good concept to portray for Tankmen, considering it is a flash about the military.

All of your music flows well, which is very commendable. Keep up the great work!

Chronamut responds:

you're right - I actually INTENTIONALLY increased the high end on this song - but I think I made it too tinny - my fault not the samples - ah well.

I ironically used milky tracker to make this whole song :P

thanks man! I have yet to review some of your stuff - I shall get on that!

Thanks for the review david - glad to see you around again!

-shawn-

DJ Comet-The Source DJ Comet-The Source

Very driving!

I wasn't a huge fan of the very very beginning, it sounded very bland. I would have added some reverb or an echo to that, until the drums came in.

Once the drums came in though, the piece really started to grow on me. Try throwing in an actual melody, I think it would help keep the piece more fresh. As of now it seems to be the same thing just layered with different instruments.

All in all though, this was a really solid piece. I loved the flucuation in feel.

_-={The World's Truth}=-_ _-={The World's Truth}=-_

Nicely Done Maestro!

Great to see you back! You have improved a lot since you posted on MaestroSorrow! Do you have new sounds? It's either you have new sounds or know how to use your current ones better (or both).

Beautiful mood set in the piece, but watch out for clashing notes. There were some sour notes at the beginning, but they weren't a very large flaw. Mainly when the organ came in. When dealing with multiple voices like that, the easiest option for a note you want to hold is to choose a note from the current interval chord. At any rate, the piece had a lot of imagination behind it, which really shows your potential.

I liked the choir sounds you have, what are you using?

MaestroRage responds:

Yeah, I have new sounds, but i've decided to use all the sounds I have at my disposal, sometimes, you gotta use the old stuff, cuz it beats the newer things. I'm sure you're Casio 310 can relate ;).

I realize and understand how to hold a note, but with that many voices, I got too lazy to go into each channel and alter accordingly. Maybe the song was posted before it was really done, but I wanted to put it up anyways. I kind of liked the raw qualities it had of being unrefined.

As for the choirs, they are PlugSound CD 6, "OOh" and "Aah", Papalmedia, and a good deal of reverb!

Thanks for the review David, greatly appreciate it ^^.

"Alone" remix (-OCON-) "Alone" remix (-OCON-)

Nice work

You have a knack for arranging pieces. Everything went together well, nothing sounded out of place at all. I really enjoyed your melody work. The ending was a bit abrupt, but if your cpu was at 95 I suppose it was for the better. Did you try restarting your program? often times clearing the ram of all the samples and reloading only the ones the computer needs can help performance.

Anyway, the piece would have been stronger with a thicker low end. If you could lower the bass drum and fatten it up, that would really add a lot to the piece. Also, the claps could use a little extra spice. Adding a chorus or some reverb will give them a more full sound.

Good job! You get a 5 from me. It would be great to see you bring in more reviews for your music!

cornandbeans responds:

Yea, tell me about it. It took me forever to even get one review. :P back in the day. I kinda slopped this one together, though... at 3 in the moring... so I left out a bunch of stuff that I would have usually done. Thanks for the review, though! I'll see if I can't work some of that stuff you told me in a new song.

~cornandbeans