Crono and Randi Crono and Randi

Wow

Flash, I am very, very impressed! This is one of the best flashes I've seen. It has an engaging plot, doesn't look like you half-assed it, and I loved the integration of AP music.

5/5 from me and nothing less!!!

Flashburn responds:

thanks maestro Im really glad you liked it, I love to here from AP artists. Im trying to convince users that the AP is a blessing for finding good music for flash.

ps your music is amazing keep it up

West Pole TV 1 West Pole TV 1

Awsome!

I can see some family guy influence in there. I liked it quite a bit.

The Amulet The Amulet

Great Job!

Hey man,

It's a great feeling to see my music used in such a well-done flash! I'm glad that my music could be used on the title page :).

Keep up the great work!

Demo Reel Mashup #1 Demo Reel Mashup #1

Great work, this is a textbook example of a good demo reel. Keep it up!

DL2Electron responds:

Thanks man. Your demo reels inspired me to make it this way!

Party Crashers Party Crashers

Wow, thanks for the cover SJ! I've seen a couple of covers of the track, but this is definitely the most creative.You do a great job taking liberties with the harmonies while keeping the original material intact. I love that cut to piano at 2:10!

Any chance the game is available to play online?

SourJovis responds:

Thank you! I actually preferred to make an original song than do a cover for the game, but the programmer wanted me to do a cover, so I took as many creative liberties as I could, to still make it as much my own thing as possible. I like your original song very much and it was very interesting to work with. I tried to avoid listening to other covers, because I didn’t want to be influenced, but I later looked up the other covers on Newgrounds and found out they were quite good. There’s the the jazz version by Camoshark and the dramatic cinematic version by PeterSatera. They sound quite different than the original, and Camoshark and PeterSatera both put a lot of themselves in it. Still I think nothing beats the original. Good job on that one.

Polargeist Polargeist

This is really cool! I love how you mixed this -- there's a lot going on in the mids, but you did a great job cutting out room for each instrument to sparkle. The loop works very seamlessly, too!

Step responds:

Great to get a review from you man, thanks for dropping by!

"This is really cool! I love how you mixed this -- there's a lot going on in the mids, but you did a great job cutting out room for each instrument to sparkle."

That's actually very relieving to hear. To be honest I secretly hate mids. Of course the mids are where the meat of a song is, so hating them isn't very healthy, but it's just so easy for the mids to get cluttered! It's why for my orchestral tracks it has become literally a habit for me to subconsciously lower the mids of a lot of the instruments I use, although I find that East/West's instruments are inherently mid-heavy anyway so good thing I do that.

"The loop works very seamlessly, too!"

You're not the first to say that; looks like I got something right! Thanks :P.

"I would have loved to hear something a little different at the break at 1:27. A little solo by the lead synth would be a great place to set up the reintroduction of the melody at 1:40, and add a little shape to the overall track. I like to give loops some shape (i.e a climax), and heightening the tension and anticipation going into 1:40 would be a great way to do it!"

I actually had an idea really similar to that! That part at the end has a saw synth and a square synth playing at the same time, so I thought I'd have one of those playing the main melodic line, and the other playing solos on top of it. I'm not very good at harmony though, haha, I'd probably fail at that.

Great idea though, certainly something to keep in mind.

"I've been meaning to get Omnisphere for a while, as I've heard a lot of praise for it over the past few years. It's great to hear such a strong real-world application of it :)"

Thanks a million for the review! Means a lot.

And yeah I'm pretty sure it's impossible not to like Omnisphere. I love it to bits (even more than East/West, and that's saying a lot). It's an incredible plugin, I highly recommend it!

Thanks again.